It’s time you had an opportunity to just look at the facts about abortion.
Every 22 seconds a baby dies from an abortion!
- 1,400,000 babies each year
- 4,000 babies each day
- 43% of all women who have abortions will have two or more.
Half of all abortions are performed on women who choose to use abortion as their only means of birth control.
Women can legally abort their unborn child any time throughout their entire nine months of pregnancy … for any reason. (Doe v. Bolton, Roe v. Wade, US Supreme Court decisions)
- According to survey data collected by abortion providers themselves, the overwhelming majority of all abortions – 95% – are done as a means of birth control or to eliminate unplanned pregnancy.
- Only 1% of all abortions are performed because of rape or incest; 1% because of potential fetal abnormalities; 3% because of mothers’ health problems.
DID YOU KNOW:
- Just 18 days after conception, the baby’s heart is beating.
- At 42 days, brain waves can be measured.
- At 56 days, the stomach, liver, kidneys and brain are functioning. Fingerprints have formed!
- Almost 800,000 abortions are done each year in America after this point in pregnancy.
By eleven weeks, all of the baby’s organs are complete and functioning. The child breathes (fluid), swallows, digests, sleeps, dreams, wakes and has developed all of the body parts required to experience pain. From 11 weeks on, all the child needs to become a healthy newborn is nourishment and time.
- 45 abortions a day are performed on women carrying a child five months or older.
Legalizing abortion was not responsible for reducing abortion related deaths.
- In 1972, the year before the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion, only 39 women died from abortion related complications.
- In 1977, after abortion was legal for five years, 21 women died.
(Statistics from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control)
The average abortion procedure takes 5-10 minutes. The average wait for adoption takes 2-10 years!
- Approximately 2,000,000 couples in America are currently ready and waiting to adopt.
- Only about 50,000 babies are placed for adoption each year.
- Only 2% – 3% of the more than 1,000,000 teenagers who will become pregnant this year will place their child for adoption. Over 40% will choose abortion.
THINK ABOUT IT:
The clever strategy of marketing abortion rights under the label of “pro-choice” was conceived by a “Madison Avenue” advertising agency. After all, the word “choice” strikes at the very heart of what we as Americans hold most dear.
Adweek’s Marketing Week, October 30, 1989
Now that you’ve read about abortion in general, click here to read about the atrocity of Partial Birth Abortions…
All material, and pictures, contained in this web page are
(c) 1990 Dayton Right to Life Society. 937/461-3625